Below are some craft and coloring activities to pair with learning about and/or visiting the John Ericsson National Memorial.
- Industrial Revolution Graveyard Project - This lesson plan lists John Ericsson as one of the inventors. It includes learning about an inventor, choosing an epitaph, and making an illustration.
- USS Monitor Paper Model - This page has a link to a PDF for making a paper model of the ship.
- The Monitor and the Virginia Lesson Plan
- National Mall Junior Ranger Booklet - The activity booklet for the National Mall includes activities a identifying other memorials activity that includes the John Ericsson Memorial.
- USS Monitor Student Activities - This site has links to activities to learn and test your knowledge on the USS Monitor including crossword puzzles, a virtual tour, and bingo.